Atlanta Web Design: Getting a Job
One of the best ways to get design work noticed quickly is to create an online portfolio. Many Atlanta web developers use their online portfolio to not only exemplify their range but to demonstrate an expertise in one particular area. Employers appreciate online portfolios because attachments can become cumbersome and unprofessional. With the use of a portfolio, employers can easily access the creative samples of top Atlanta Web developers and decide whether a designer will fit well with a company.
To ensure a portfolio generates successful responses, here are some guidelines to follow:
- Make the page simple and easy to navigate. The quicker an employer can find your samples the better. Group projects into categories to organize the site. Include the date of completion to help employers know the timeframe of your work.
- Post only your best material. A portfolio isn’t meant to showcase every piece you’ve ever finished. Select your top quality work only to impress prospective employers. Show them what you’re capable of doing, not what you’ve done.
- Don’t weigh down the page. Employers often only spend a minute or so looking over a candidates work. If your site is loaded with graphics and takes more than a few seconds to load, chances are it won’t be seen. Keep file sizes to a minimum to ensure a quick load. Try creating thumbnails that link to the larger image files, giving employers the choice of what they would like to view full-size.
- Post links to pieces published on other sites. If your design work is being used somewhere already, make sure to let employers know. Build your credibility as an Atlanta web designer by demonstrating how your web design work already has a presence in the field.
- Proofread and Double check. Make sure everything is spelled correctly and that all links are active. Even the smallest mistake can cause an employer to close a page. Also, be sure to allow potential managers the ability to download your resumé directly from the site. Efficiency and professionalism are essential.
« Back to Atlanta Web Design: Getting a Job
« Back to Atlanta Web Community Homepage
This information was compiled by 352 Media Group by summarizing information obtained from other websites. 352 Media Group does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. 352 Media Group is not affiliated with any of the companies or organizations listed on this page.